Kevin Lederman joined Cowan Miller & Lederman in 2005 after practicing immigration law at another prominent Seattle law firm for fifteen years. Kevin’s practice includes all aspects of family and employment-based immigration, in addition to naturalization issues. He is a frequent speaker on immigration law, including presentations at Continuing Legal Education seminars, and to Washington State human resources and technology sector groups.
- The University of the Witwatersrand (Johannesburg, South Africa), Bachelor of Commerce, 1986
- University of Washington, JD, 1989
Awards & Recognition
- U.S. News and World Report: Best Lawyers
- Super Lawyer - Washington Law & Politics
- Best Lawyers in America® – Woodward/White
- The International Who’s Who of Corporate Immigration Lawyers®
- Best Immigration Attorneys in Seattle - Seattle Metropolitan Magazine
Professional and Community Involvement
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Past Washington State Chapter President
- Past Liaison Chair with USCIS District Office
- Past Member of the National Board of Governors
- Past Member of the National Customs & Border Protection Liaison Committee
- King County Bar Association
- Volunteer Attorney with the KCBA Neighborhood Legal Clinic
- Washington State Bar Association
- Northwest Immigrant Rights Project
- Volunteer attorney
Why Do I Practice Immigration Law?
I love the practice of Immigration Law! It is such a unique area of law to practice in that it is so rewarding, so personal, and allows me to feel like I am doing something worthwhile. I am inspired by each of my client's personal immigration stories, and as an immigrant myself, feel a strong empathy for what my clients experience as they attempt to navigate the complexities of our overly cumbersome immigration system, with the attendant anxieties and frustrations that it creates. I am proud to play a small role in continually adding to the mix of the American melting pot.