Pamela Cowan, the founding Partner, originally established the firm in 1985. Since that time, Pam has practiced exclusively immigration law, specializing in the needs of businesses and professionals. She is a frequent speaker on immigration law, including presentations at AILA National Conferences, Washington State Bar Conventions, and to human resources and technology sector groups. Pam was recently the focus of a feature article by Embodied Living covering women lawyers thriving in their own firms.
- Stanford University, BA, Literature, 1972
- University of Washington, JD with honors, 1977
Awards & Recognition
- Top Tier Ranking - U.S. News and World Report: Best Lawyers
- Super Lawyer - Washington Law & Politics
- Best Lawyers in America® - Woodward/White
- The International Who’s Who of Corporate Immigration Lawyers®
- The International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers®
- Top Tier Ranking - Chambers USA
- Seattle Business "Top Lawyer in the Puget Sound Region"
Professional and Community Involvement
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Past National Liaison Chair with INS (USCIS), US Department of State, US Department of Labor
- Past Chapter President
- Past Director on the national Board of Governors
- King County Bar Association
- Volunteer Attorney with the KCBA Neighborhood Legal Clinic
- Washington State Bar Association
Why Do I Practice US Immigration Law?
Both before and after law school, I lived and traveled extensively in foreign countries. I loved the foreign contact and being part of a “world community.” When I “discovered” the practice of immigration law many years ago, I felt I finally had succeeded in finding the right livelihood. In my over twenty years of practice, all of my clients have been a credit to this country – they are responsible citizens, make great inventions, grow American jobs, and participate actively in their communities and in our economy. It is this continued mix of cultures and professional backgrounds that makes our country vibrant and dynamic. In all my immigration work on behalf of both US businesses and US individuals, I believe firmly that I have been on the “right side” and that is a luxury that few lawyers have!